Thursday, January 6, 2011

Our "no school" learning day

Today was sort of an unschooling day.  I had to deal with attitude (mine).  While I took today to gather my thoughts, I noticed everyone going along, doing good and useful things.
As the day went on, I decided to make a list of some of those things.

*individual reading -- required
*math --required
*worked on story
*worked on comic strip
*keyboard practice
*discussed the words-- infamous and fluent
*worked on spelling the word - technician
*traced shapes, glued, and colored for paper cookies
*cardboard gun
*horse crafts
*made some bird feeders which led to bird field guide/made bird blind
*peeled and cut potatoes for crock pot
*rowed Madeline and worked on scene along with some other scenes from previous rowed books (used playmobil and clay)

This ended up being an encouraging day for me.  Maybe it will encourage someone else too!





Lucy would love to get in the bird blind too!




**There are some other things that didn't make this list.  Also, not everyone did every activity.

2 comments:

  1. Cindy, that is awesome. It still amazes me how people unschool, but I see glimpses of it happening around here every day! I was actually about to post something on my home school blog about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anna! I will have to check out your post :)

    ReplyDelete