Friday, April 23, 2010

Read aloud, The Coral Island




~R.M. Ballantyne

~ "That night the starry sky looked down through the gently rustling trees upon our slumbers, and the distant roaring of the surf upon the coral reef was our lullaby."

~"My heart was filled with more delight then I can express at the sight of so many glorious objects, and my thoughts turned suddenly to the contemplation of the Creator of them all. I mention this the more gladly, because at that time, I am ashamed to say, I very seldom thought of my Creator, although I was constantly surrounded by the most beautiful and wonderful of His works."

1 comment:

  1. Wow...those are beautiful quotes. Sounds like a great book.
    I'm sorry it took so long to comment on your new pics...I saw them a few days ago but didn't leave any comments!

    ReplyDelete