Thursday, March 4, 2010

Boxcar Children - another blast from the past


Like Roxaboxen, this book takes me back to a time when my older kids were young. We would sit on the couch and read The Boxcar Children, then they would rush out to play their own version. I loved their excitement in using their own found "treasures." The funny thing is, we didn't "row" this book either.
I was always worried about what curriculum to use, if they would ever learn their multiplication tables, if their handwriting would improve, but took time to read and enjoy books--even though this particular one might be considered "twaddle."
Looking back, I am so glad I did because the things I worried about did work out-and I will always have our memories. So, now I can sort of relive that time with my younger kids, and I am so thankful for that. Now we are on to The Boxcar Children!

No comments:

Post a Comment