Friday, February 5, 2010

Wee Gillis and our mascot



Our latest Five in a Row book is Wee Gillis. This is fun because we have our own little mascot, Hamish, straight from Scotland, thanks to big sister and her husband! They even thought to get a couple of books--one on Scotland's flag and the other is the Story of Rob Roy. One lesson suggestion is to enjoy the poem, My Heart's in the Highlands, which would have not have meant as much had we not read Wee Gillis, so I am thankful for Five in a Row.

My heart's in the Highlands, my heart is not here;
My heart's in the Highlands a-chasing the deer;
Chasing the wild deer, and following the roe,
My heart's in the Highlands wherever I go.....

~Robert Burns

1 comment:

  1. Yay, Hamish! I hope y'all are enjoying the Scotland study. Let me know if you need any pics. I really like that poem!

    ReplyDelete