Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Samples From My Copybook

Since copywork is a part of our Language Arts, I started my own copybook. Here are a few quotes:

"And I slept, dreaming a perfect dream. The fields had turned to a sea that gleamed like sun on glass."-Sarah, Plain and Tall

"My brother William is a fisherman, and he tells me that when he is in the middle of a fogbound sea the water is a color for which there is no name"
-Sarah, Plain and Tall

"It's work, son," Father said, "that's what money is, it's hard work."
-Farmer Boy

"It was farmers that took all that country and made it America, son. Don't you ever forget that."-Farmer Boy

"But my only year on Sweetbriar, the frosty trees were tipped with stars, and I felt at home with only the wind, and the wild island horses that rose from the sea."
--The Wild Horses of Sweetbriar

"You must do something to make the world more beautiful"-Miss Rumphius






No comments:

Post a Comment